Lawrence Park Tennis Club serves the community by offering adults and children the opportunity to play both casual and competitive tennis and participate in friendly social activities. Our club respects its tradtions while at the same time, adapting to the new needs of its members.
Located in the Lawrence Park Ravine, it was constructed in 1912 as part of the development of the Lawrence Park Estates, the brainchild of Sir Wilfrid Servington Dinnick.
Originally the focus was on lawn bowling, with tennis considered a secondary activity for the families and friends of the bowlers.
The current clubhouse was built in 1954.
In 2012, the club celebrated its one hundredth anniversary jointly with the lawn bowling club.